Gingerbread Man/GirlDecember 27, 2007
I enjoy looking at cutie Gingerbread men! =p When it comes to Christmas, u will get to see lots of them, be it decorations, or edible ones. I love looking at the different designs =D This year, I decided to make them! =X yes, I know most of us don’t fancy gingerbread. Taste doesn’t really suit all, but looking at them will make those who receive them happy yea? =p Eyes eat candy but not mouth! *grin* I’m blessed! got the help of susee and aishi to help me decorate them~ =p we had fun messing ard, decorating the gingerbread man n girls. 1st time decorating, but i’m happy with the outcome, since my 2 fav girls help me out, what more can i ask for? (^^,) we will get better with them! next year! stay tune!
hee~ check out gingerbread santa! Aishi design it! JJ says it looks like someone spitting white foam out of his mouth (>.<) I find it cute though! =p Used the gingerbread man recipe from BakingBites.
280g Plain Flour
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Ginger powder
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
¼ tsp Nutmeg powder
100g Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
220g icing sugar
2-3 tbsp of lemon juice
Optional, Red and green coloring (I used strawberry emulco and pandan paste)
- Cream Butter and sugar till creamy and fluffy
- Add in Molasses, Coffee and Vanilla Essence
- Add in Flour, mix well
- Place mixture between 2 pieces of cling wraps; flatten it out into a sheet of 1/8 inch thickness. Freeze for at least 20mins.
- Use cutter to cut out gingerbread man/girl shape.
- Line them up on baking tray and Bake in a pre-heated oven of 190 degree C for 15mins.
- Remove and cool on wire rack completely.
- In a small bowl combine icing sugar and lemon juice. Add enough lemon juice to make the icing thick but not runny. Stir till the mixture is smooth.
- Put icing mixture into piping bag with a fine tip or a ziploc bag with a corner cut off and pipe onto cooled gingerbread.
- Allow the icing to set, firm, before storing in an airtight container.
- .: Baker Lee :.