Lemon Cream Cheese CupcakesApril 1, 2008
It was a warm day! was digging in the fridge when i spotted this! Big fat lemon! nice cooling, refreshing lemonade comes to my mind! DING! let’s make something with the rind as well!
This recipe is taken from Betty Saw’s Tempt, Cupcakes to Excite. These cupcakes really excites me!! Don’t be deceive by it’s simple and plain appearance! They are simply DELICIOUS. Really good! sooooooo good! The texture of these cupcakes is so soft and light that u can easily munch a few at one go!
These come along topped with lemon glaze, but it is so good on its own, I refused to make the glaze! =X Trust me! They are just the kind of cupcakes you will proudly give away naked, unfrosted, undecorated, un-everything! just so simply good on it’s own… *blissful*
130g cake flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
130g cream cheese, at room temperature
135g butter, at room temperature (reduced to 100g)
145g castor sugar (reduced to 100g)
1 tsp grated lemon rind (increased to 2 tsp)
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon lemon juice
**my modification in teal
- Preheat oven to 175 Degree C and line muffin pan with paper cups.
- Sift cake flour, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese until light and creamy for 8-10 minutes.
- Add castor sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Finally, fold in sifted flour into mixture.
- Divide batter evenly into paper cups. Bake for 20 – 25mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan. Cool on wire rack.
I love these!! *nod* so does my family! the 1st thing my bro told me when he saw me was “nice!” definitely a keeper!
- .: Baker Lee :.