Paper-Lined Sponge CakeOctober 12, 2008
Typically found in traditional Chinese bakery, paper-Lined sponge cake is a Chinese style sponge cake which have a rich egg taste, baked in a paper cup/ muffin cup lined with baking/greaseproof paper.
Spotted this wonderful Recipe from Baking Mum/HugBear’s Blog and has been on my to-do list for a long time :P For this period of time, i’m in a “Retro/oldies” mood, been doing alot of traditional bakes, kuehs and all… Therefore i decided to make these…. I’m really AMAZED by the results! such simple ingredients…. simple steps…. and best of all AMAZING results! Check out the texture of the cake!
*float around* i love the texture of this cake! so yummy, taste really good on its own. Lined in paper makes it really easy for consumption as well. U should all try this! :P Visit <HugBear’s Blog> for the recipe and all her yummy goodies or get it here!
100g cake flour
100g castor sugar
12g spongecake stabliser
90g melted butter (reduced to 50g, As i ran out of butter :P)
- Put all the ingredients except the melted butter into a mixing bowl.
- Beat everything on high for at least 7 mins until ribbon stage. This means that if you use your whisk with batter to write an “8″ on the batter won’t sink in but will appear visible for a while. This will be the right constitency for your batter.
- Add in melted butter at this stage and mix in thoroughly.
- Line some waxed papercups with baking paper.
- Pour batter into the lined cups abt 3/4 full and bake it in a preheated oven at 190C for about 20 mins. When done, remove the cake from the cup immediately and leave it on wire rack to cool.
Even with the fats reduction, the cake still turns out really soft and YUMMILICIOUS! KEEEEEEEPER! Thanks HugBear! :P Loved it!
- .: Baker Lee :.