Oreo MuffinsNovember 22, 2007
Been out whole day with mama, and was telling her abt my plans to make pizza or chicken pie or char siew pao on sunday for the family. (^^,) mama was very excited… and she claims to be happy that i’m baking again. Guess it shows that i’m recovering well? =p As she was more keen on pizza, we make our way to the supermarket where she happily pick the different kind of toppings required. 😄 seriously, i was more keen to try out the chicken pie recipe, so i bought the ingredients needed as well. Bought some baking needs as well and Mama paid for all them today~ =X i’m so thankful for that~ *whisper* (should have bought the mini donut tray, pullman tin, and the cake ring which i was eye-ing on for so long!) *smack head*
hee~ back on track, i have been using this plain muffins recipe for quite some time, tested and proven! Gt the recipe from hut of Cranberry , added oreo cookies to it this time. =)
220g Plain Flour
1 tsp baking soda
80g castor sugar
80g corn oil
250ml plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
6 pieces Oreo cookie (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Sieve flour and baking soda together in a mixing bowl. Add in sugar and chopped oreo cookies and mix well. Make a well in the centre. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg lightly with a fork, stir in vanilla essence, yogurt, milk and oil. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture.
- Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fill the muffins cups with the batter (not more than 3/4 full). Add toppings
- Bake for about 20-25mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
* Bear in mind, do not keep mixing, stiring or beating the batter, just a quick mix.
– .: Baker Lee :.