Homemade PizzaNovember 25, 2007
As promised, I attempted to make pizza from scratch today (^^,) the process is similar to making bread~ =X similar ingredients (bread flour, yeast) and similar steps (knead and proof). I love making soft and fluffy bread, the ingredients are simple and easy, but it’s patience that is key! U need to wait… n wait… n wait… for yr bread to proof. =p was pondering if i should make a thin or pan crust~ after throwing a dice, i’m going for pan crust! 😄 will attempt on the thin crust recipe next week…
Made the all time family favorite, Hawaiian pizza! Simple toppings, cheese, ham and pineapples~ =) mummy bought fresh pineapple just for this! 😄 Suppose to meet aishi for dinner tonight, as she is doing her hair today with peter(my stylist) =p since i’m meeting her, i brought along my 1st batch of pizza to let them try~ my 1st guinea pigs… (^^,) they like it!I’m glad that both of them says it’s nice… MUHAHA.
Got the recipe from HHB‘s blog. simple ingredients for the dough, therefore i’m determine to give it a try~ i half the recipe to make 2 21cm pizza. (used my 21 cm tart tray =p)
Ingredients: (for 2 21cm pizza)
170g bread flour
2 tsp instant yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
100ml lukewarm water
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix flour, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the water and olive oil. Mix with hand to form a soft dough. If needed, add a little more water.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 10 mins or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. (I used my mixer with a dough hook =X however kneading your own dough is a fun process, just like playing with play doh =p)
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with cling wrap and leave to rise for 1 ~ 1.5hrs until double in size.
- Turn out the risen dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knock it down to release the air. Give it a few gently kneading. Roll or press out to a round to fit the pizza tray, place dough on baking tray.
- Spread pizza sauce over the pizza base to within 1 cm (0.5 inch) of the edge. Arrange a layer of grated cheese, followed by preferred toppings. Sprinkle the top all over with grated cheese.
- Leave the pizza in a warm place for about 15mins. Preheat oven to 220degC (425 degF)
- Bake pizza for 20~25mins or until the crust has risen and is golden and the cheese has melted. Serve warm.
– .: Baker Lee :.