Potato Minced Meat PieNovember 25, 2007
I hate Saturday class!! *cries* Was in sch for the whole day, though my wonderful sat gone just like tat, i have not much complaints as hanging out with my dear gang = extremely fun~ *Grin* It’s JH’s bday today! *sayang* bday n he still has to be in sch… but he gets to hang out with me! *pose* tat’s a plus point already. Anyway i need to recharge my battery! For the last few days been getting only not more than 4hrs of rest. >.< I fell aslp in class today! well, a short nap for 15mins~ 😄
Got home and realized that there’s no dinner for me! T.T Dad n mum munched on some light dinner thinking that their kids will not be home for dinner. Perfect excuse for me to make supper for them! yippee~ Used my last last backup energy to make this…
this is my 1st time using this pastry recipe, it’s more to shortcrust pastry, instead of the 1 i usually make (flaky puff pastry) as i’m so drained, i decided to make 1 big big pie, instead of 6 small ones as instructed in the recipe. As for the filling, i used my own recipe, hee~ my usual potato minced meat filling.. Cooked by “agar-ation”(estimation)
Ingredients: (21cm tart pan)
150 gm butter
250 gm plain flour
1 tsp sugar
1 egg yolk
A pinch of salt
100 gm yogurt
3 large potatoes (diced)
2 large Onions (diced)
150g minced meat (marinated)
Seasonings (salt, oyster sauce , pepper etc)
- Mix flour, sugar, salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Rub butter into flour mixture until like breadcrumbs. (see pic Above)
- Add in yogurt and egg yolk, mix to a dough.
- Chill the dough for at least 30mins as it will be very soft and hard to handle. (for easy handling, i split the dough into 2 portion. Place a portion between 2 cling wraps and shape them with a rolling pin into a flat round sheet before chilling.)
- Prepare the fillings. (I usually steam the potatoes 1st before stir fry-ing with the rest of the ingredients, easier and shorten cooking time =p)
- Spread 1 portion of the chilled dough sheet on the base of the pan. Poke holes on it with a fork.
- Top up the pie with fillings.
- Spread the other portion of the dough sheet on top. I pressed the edges with the back of a fork, poke holes on the top and did some deco with the remaining dough like HHB. 😄
- Brush the top of the pie with egg white.
- Baked at 180 degree C for 25-30mins (till golden brown)
– .: Baker Lee :.