OREO Monster attacks! *roar* LOL, i’m not really an oreo lover =X However i have a pack of oreo cookies at home~ XD determine to make something out of it, i started hunting for recipes related to oreo cookies. =p As usual, visited all my fav. baking bloggers, nice pics and comments by HHB caught my attention once again. The recipe was a creation by Angie, she incorporated different varieties into the basic butter cake recipe. =) Thanks Angie!
The aroma of this butter cake is amazing~ =D love the nice butter scent that feels my kitchen~ (^^,) whee~ and check out the nice color tone of the cake~ I’m in heaven just looking at it! looks really good for a 1st attempt right! =p Youngest Uncle came just in time while the cake was cooling down, slice him a quater to bring back for my cousins to try~ keeping 1/2 of the cake for yunjie as promised! (^^,) see partner! words and action! *flex* Keeping my fingers crossed that my QA testers love them! XD but look! it’s so soft n moist must be good! =p and i definitely trust reviews from HHB and Angie! (^.^ v)
225g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
85g unsalted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
90g Oreo cookies, roughly crushed
Whole Oreo cookies for topping (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease or line the baking pan
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla essence until light and creamy. Add in eggs slowly, about 1 tbsp at a time, beat till while combined.
- Fold in 1/2 of the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in ½ of the yogurt then fold in the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Lastly, fold in the crushed cookies.
- Pour into baking pan, arrange whole Oreo cookies on top and bake for about 40 – 50 mins till skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.
– .: Baker Lee :.