Auntie Amanda’s PretzelsDecember 2, 2007
*Scream* Auntie Amanda! >.< nooooooo… with the advancement and modernization of technology, people aged earlier? *pull hair* i’m only 23 this year! Well, this pretzel recipe is known as Auntie Anne’s Pretzels (Imitation), so therefore since Amanda is making it, it shall be called… Auntie Amanda’s Pretzels! *giggle*
Jasmine posted this recipe in Imperial Kitchen =) thanks alot! Lovely pictures and reviews from the girls in the forum attracted me once again~ =X since I love Auntie Anne’s cinnamon sugar pretzel, I’m determine to give this recipe a try! *nod*
Take a look at Auntie Amanda’s cinnamon sugar pretzels! okie i know~ the shape looks abit on the fat side~ =X but who cares! they taste good! I’ll improve on them the next time! *YOSH* Hee~ i love it! Soft n Yummy! (^^,) Definitely ALOT ALOT cheaper to make them compared to buying them (-_-“) BUT, u need patience! As u will most prolly be spending at least 2 – 3hrs making them! =X
halve the recipe as it’s my 1st attempt. =p made abt 9 pretzels. Take a look at the texture of the soft pretzels above~ =D My next attempt = almond and sesame pretzels! =X
250ml warm water
½ tablespoon yeast
210g All purpose flour
40g powdered sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Olive oil
Bath (Add together and stir till dissolved)
240ml warm water
1 tablespoon baking soda
Cinnamon topping (Mix together)
50g Brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Melted butter (brush on pretzels after baking)
- Mix all ingredients in (A) and knead by hand for about 5 to 10 minutes, till dough is elastic, smooth and non-sticky. Alternatively, just use your stand mixer.
- Put the kneaded dough into an oiled bowl, cover with a cling wrap and let it proof until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Divide the risen dough to 9 portions, form them into pretzels.
- Dip each pretzel into the bath solution (B) and then let it dry on a tea towel to absorb the extra water for about 1min
- Transfer the pretzels on to baking tray, bake for 10mins.
- Remove from oven, brush with melted butter and top them with Cinnamon Topping (C)
– .: Baker Lee :.