Butter CookiesDecember 15, 2007
Butter cookies also known sablès or Dutch biscuits, are unleavened cookies consisting of butter, flour and sugar. Butter cookies at their most basic have no flavoring, but they are often flavored with vanilla and chocolate. I love butter cookies! *drool* Especially those blue tins Danish butter cookies. Been a long time since I last had butter cookies, 1year? Erm… maybe 2years? Or even longer!
Surfing for Gingerbread recipes when I came across this on E’s Joise. Yummilicious picture! *pull hair* It’s seriously fun to pipe cookies! 😄 save the step on chilling the dough and shaping them =X However, due to lack of experience, my cookies come in different sizes. *evil laughter*
“it’s crisp on the outside and 松脆 on the inside, the cookies does not crumble when you bite onto it but will melt in mouth.” – E’s Joise
Indeed! Crispy + Light + Melty, 3 words to describe them~ (^^,) You should try them too! *point* look! Simple, easily available ingredients and steps, what more can you ask for? (^.^ v)
20g icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
70g plain flour
20g corn flour
- Preheat Oven to 160 Degrees C
- Cream butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence till pale in color
- Mix in plain flour and corn flour.
- Using a piping bag and a tip, pipe out the cookie into desired shape on parchment paper.
- Top with Raisins or a chocolate chip.
- Bake for 15 mins till lightly brown.
- Cool and store in airtight container.
– .: Baker Lee :.