Mixed Fruit CakeDecember 18, 2007
It’s mummy and bro b.day! *cheer* So what’s mummy and bro getting this year? hee~ Amanda’s Imitation Mixed Fruit Cake! *cheer* 1st time making a whole complete birthday cake! =X *pray* Please make my cake yum yum ok? Okie, let u guys catch a glimpse of it b4 it’s being chilled! Still in the spring form pan. (^.^ v)
Didn’t managed to get fresh mangoes or peaches this morning~ so substitute with a can of peach~ =X Give and take ok! It’s imitation anyway! Cannot be 100% same! Else will face plagiarism and copyrights issue! *evil laughter* Excuses again… hee. Used BakingMum’s recipe for the spongecake. =p
Ingredients: (makes a 10 inch Cake)
200g cake flour
24g sponge cake stabliser
180g melted butter
Filling and Fruit topping:
500ml of whipping cream
Fruits (according to your liking, skinned and sliced)
1 can of peach (825g)
6 pieces gelatine leafs
100ml sugar syrup (canned peach syrup)
- Preheat Oven to 190 Degree C, and grease baking pan.
- Put all the ingredients except the melted butter into a mixing bowl. Beat them at high speed for at least 7mins till they reach ribbon stage.
- Fold in melted butter and mix well.
- Pour Mixture into baking pan, Bake for 20mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven, Cool on wire rack.
- Whipped the whipping cream till thick.
- Boil gelatine leafs with water and sugar syrup until dissolved.
- Slice the Sponge cake into 2 layer.
- Arrange the cake together in the following order, Starting from the base, Sponge Cake -> Whip Cream -> Fruits -> whip cream -> Sponge Cake -> whip cream -> Fruits
- Pour slightly cooled gelatine topping mixture over the cake
- Chilled in Fridge.
– .: Baker Lee :.