Mini Coffee/Chocolate Log CakeDecember 24, 2007
Had tons of Butter cream left over after Qinyu came over to bake on the 20th. So, in order to not waste it, I decided to make Coffee Swiss Roll on the 22nd! Using Aunty Yochana’s Recipe, after which I decided to turn it into a Log cake! *giggle* Aishi tried it, and commented it was nice~ =D Mum likes it too! Whee~ 1st log cake! SUCCESSFUL!
It was a massive baking day today! >.< spend the whole Christmas eve afternoon baking 3 kinds of cookies to giveaway! Luckily everything go according to plan and i was in time to wash up and get ready for Christmas gathering! Very blessed indeed! Even have time to jog. and now blog about this log cake! *giggle* Was thinking of what to make for bro’s gf this afternoon, Since review of my log cake was good, i therefore decided to make them to giveaway! Since she is another chocolate lover, i tweak the recipe to make a chocolate swiss roll. (^^,) Will they taste as good as the coffee one? I sure hope so! >.<
100g Plain Flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
50g Olive oil
700g egg white
- Preheat Oven too 200 Degrees C. Greased Baking pan.
- Sift Plain Flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Fold in Flour Mixture.
- Fold in Olive oil
- Bake for 10mins or till inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool on rack.
- Boil sugar with water till dissolved.
- Whisk egg white till light and fluffy.
- Pour in hot syrup and whisk the mixture cools.
- Slowly add in Butter and Margarine, beat till thick and fluffy.
- Spread Butter Cream onto Sponge cake.
- Roll it up Swiss roll style.
- Spread Butter Cream all over Swiss roll.
- Use a fork to “draw” the lines on the log cake.
– .: Baker Lee :.