Plain MuffinsDecember 24, 2007
“A muffin is a small cake, resembling a cupcake. They have cylindrical bases, rounded conical tops. Made quickly and easily, they were useful as a breakfast food.” (wiki) This plain muffin recipe is very very easy to make. =D good for 1st timers! Pulled this recipe out for Qinyu to make for her Colleagues for xmas giveaways. Please do add some toppings to it else it might be too plain for your liking. Unless of cos u like muffins plain and simple.
220g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
100g Olive Oil
250g Plain Yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Optional Toppings (Nuts, Chocolate Chips, Raisins etc)
- Sift Flour and baking soda together into a big Mixing bowl.
- Add sugar to flour mixture, mix. Make a well in the center and set the mixture aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg, oil, yogurt, milk, vanilla essence together.
- Pour mixture into flour mixture, mix quickly and lightly with a fork. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fill the muffins cups with the batter (not more than 3/4 full). Add toppings
- Bake for about 20-25mins or until a skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
* Bear in mind, do not keep mixing, stirring or beating the batter, just a quick mix.
– .: Baker Lee :.