Double Chocolate CookiesDecember 27, 2007
*scream* Spot the difference people! okie, other than the decorating melon seeds on top of the cookies, can you tell the difference? =X Both are made from the same recipe! If u are thinking that the 2nd one is burnt, nope! it is just nicely cooked. (>.<) Bake them separately on 2 different days, 1st on Christmas Eve, 2nd today! Baker Lee made a mistake *pull hair* my blur-ness acting up >.< The 1st was made with 50g less flour. Tat’s y i find the batter too oily to managed! Bro says it taste like brownies, i felt so too, guess it’s cos of the amount of chocolate in them. The 1st doesnt taste as crunchy compared to the 2nd. Though the baking time and temperature remains the same. =/ i guess it due to the lack of flour? Though not a chocolate lover, i like this recipe! taste good~ Should add some nuts the next time (^^,) hazelnuts maybe!
200g Plain Flour
60g Cocoa Powder
1tsp Baking Soda
180g Brown Sugar
1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
40g Bittersweet Chocolate (Melted)
200g Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cream Butter and sugar till creamy and fluffy
- Add in Eggs one at a time
- Add in Vanilla Extract and melted bittersweet chocolate
- Add in Flour, mix well
- Finally add in chocolate chips.
- Use cookie presser/spoon/hands to shape cookies.
- Line them up on baking tray and Bake in a pre-heated oven of 175 degree C for 15mins, do not overbake, chocolate will taste bitter.
- Remove and cool on wire rack completely. Store in air-tight container.
– .: Baker Lee :.