Hamburger BunsDecember 31, 2007
Not feeling well today~ *wails* Emo + moody + crampy + sulky. Then Y did i bake today then? erm…. cos i have a lil kid in my house today! 😄 so hyper , so chirpy and so enthusiastic. i was soooooo determine not to bake, but not to disappoint my eager aishi, i decided to make this for our dinner =X yes, hamburger buns! Hee~ simple and easy to make, ahhhh~ yes, knead and let it prove! I can dash off to watch TV, slack on the sofa and dun move *giggle* This is a MINI burger! yes, it’s about 5cm in diameter. =p kawaii right?
This recipe was shared by Elaine, in Kitchen Capers. Delicious! Soft and light. =) a perfect size for a picnic or a simple teabreak. (^^,) Made simple fillings for this burger, no energy to make fanciful stuffs~ 😄 so just tomato slices, hotdog , tomato ketchup and mayonnaise.
250g Bread Flour
40g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Yeast
- Mix all ingredients in (A) together to form a dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface; knead the dough until the dough is elastic, smooth and non-sticky. It will take about 25 mins to knead the dough by hand. Alternatively, use a mixer with dough hook to knead the dough.
- Place the dough in the oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap (to seal in the moisture), let it proof for 1 hour or till it doubles in size.
- Divide dough into 25g each for mini buns. Or 50g each for normal sized buns.
- Pour some sesame seeds on a plate. Roll half side of the bun with sesame seeds. Line buns on baking tray.
- Allow buns to proof for another hour or till doubled in size.
- Bake in preheat oven at 180C for 15 – 20 mins or until buns are nicely browned.
– .: Baker Lee :.