Chocolate Sponge cakeJanuary 20, 2008
Tried a chocolate sponge cake recipe posted by Aunty Yochana last night~ =p very satisfied with the outcome of the cake~ (^^,) soft, light and fluffy, a good base indeed! Y is it plain and not decorated? Well, my intention was to test out the sponge cake’s texture 1st! 😀 hee~ so… TADA! A plain, simple, yet soft and tasty chocolate sponge cake~ *grin* I had a slice of it, top off with chunky peanut butter! *lick lips* uber yummilicous! ❤ peanut butter. Fattening! But I just can’t resist!! T.T
(A) Egg Yolk Mixture
3 Egg Yolks
120g Self Raising flour
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
50g Olive oil
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
(B) Cocoa Mixture
30g cocoa powder
120g Warm water
(C) Egg White Mixture
3 Egg Whites
¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 175 Degrees C, grease baking pan.
- Sift Self Raising flour, baking powder, baking soda together.
- Mix together all ingredients in (A) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together all ingredients in (B) in another bowl, stir till smooth.
- Add Cocoa Mixture into Egg Yolk Mixture and stir together till smooth.
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar for 1 min, then add in sugar gradually till egg white becomes fluffy and reach soft peak stage.
- Fold the Egg White Mixture into the Egg Yolk Mixture gently.
- Bake for 40 – 45 mins. or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool cake, slice and serve.
Great! I love it! By far one of the best sponge cakes I ever made. It tasted soft and light the next day as well! Great base for birthday cakes! (^.^ v)
– .: Baker Lee :.