Cornflakes CookiesJanuary 23, 2008
2nd cornflakes cookies I tried! This time, instead of shaping them into balls and baking them in nice paper cups, I made them into standard cookies size. *grin* This recipe is shared by Florence (^^,) More work, as in steps and ingredients required, compared to the 1st recipe.
50g – 60g castor sugar
less than 1/4 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 – 1.5 tsp orange zest
150g cake flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 175 Degrees C.
- Sift flour together with baking powder and baking soda, and set it aside.
- Cream butter with sugar and salt till creamy.
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla essence, Mix till well combined.
- Stir in the orange zest.
- Fold in flour mixture and cornflakes. Mix till a soft dough forms.
- Shape cookies accordingly. ( For me, I spoon ½ tablespoon amount of dough for each cookie, shape into ball and flatten )
- Bake 18 – 20 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack, before storing in air tight container.
Crumbly texture with a tint of citrus. I guess it’s due to the fact that cake flour is being used instead. Therefore even when i bake it slightly longer, the cookies are still crumbly instead of hard. However, the cornflakes crunchies i baked previously tends to be more sensitive to baking time, slightly too long, and they turn out rock hard. I cant tell which cookies I prefer though! =X both the cornflake crunchies and this cookie taste great in their own way >.<
I found my fav. cornflake cookies! Praise God! 😀 see here for details~ ❤
– .: Baker Lee :.