A Chocolately-Cheezy Affair… (ACCA)January 27, 2008
*giggle* This was definitely not what I initial plan to bake! =X Am gonna meet Cui Ling for dinner and shopping at vivo after service on Sunday. Ohh and her birthday is around the corner, decided to make her an advanced Birthday cake! ❤ Since I’ll b going for service b4 meeting her, I decided to go cream-less and ganche-less. =X After much consideration, I decided on Dark Chocolate Brownies bars as my gift for her sweet 24th b.day! 😛 Planning to make those chewy bar kind, which will stay in shape and not go bad too soon. =X
Went groceries shopping at the mall yesterday evening, my poor fridge out of vegetables! *cover mouth* yes, >.< totally out, no greens at all and no eggs! I simply can’t live without greens~ =X so off I go to buy some greens to prepare for dinner, at the same time, pick up some baking ingredients(butter, dark chocolate). =D while shopping for ingredients at the mall, Aishi commented about baking cheesecake again. It struck me and set me thinking! I’m sure Cui Ling loves cheesecakes too~ =X somehow, I always conclude, that people whom I enjoy hanging out with will have similar liking as me! 😛
I’m seriously trying to be adventurous! *gasp* This recipe, I can totally call it MINE! 😛 i just added ingredients according to my gut feeling. *evil laughter* I wonder what got into me, well, I wanted to make her something special, so a recipe I made!! And she will be the 1st to try it~ a creation and a recipe just for her! (^^,) bought sour cream to eat with baked potatoes =X but as I was making this, I realized tat I do not have enuff fresh milk *Pull Hair* and the batter seems too think and hard! Like a dough~ Though i want it result to be bar-like, i definitely do not want it too cookie like! soooooo I added sour cream~ 😄 no harm yea? Both comes from cow anyway~ *moooooo* =X
To Cui Ling: Girl, I’m sorry if it taste terrible =X blame your dear friend for trying so hard to please u. 😛
Happy Advanced 24th Birthday girl! (^.^v) Many blessings will be showered over you!
250g Dark Chocolate (at least 75% cocoa)
70g Sour Cream
110g Plain Flour
120g Cake Flour
250g Cream Cheese
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice (optional, i just wanna make it the cheese taste not too overwhelming)
- Sift plain flour and cake flour and set them aside.
- Chocolate Mixture: Place all ingredients in (A) together in a bowl, Melt them over a double boiler till smooth. Remove from heat, and set it aside to cool down for 5-10mins.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, milk together. Add this mixture into Chocolate Mixture.
- Beat flour mixture into Chocolate Mixture.
- Cream Cheese Mixture: In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar till light and smooth.
- Add egg and lemon juice into Cream Cheese Mixture, beat till just combine.
- Spoon chocolate and cream cheese mixtures alternately, into baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Cut and serve.
As I trim the edges for packing, I nibbled on some. Erm… Taste like bars to me. 😛 I wonder if they will taste better warm or chilled *shrugs* will it be my 1st Disaster? Or Creation? *giggle* Wait for Cui Ling’s comments then~ =X
Name selected by Cuiling ❤ Cool yea? with our initials. (^^,) She did some experimenting with the bars, seems like it tasted the best at room temperature. =X will try to improve this special recipe for her. *grin* till 100% delicious be it’s chilled and warmed!
– .: Baker Lee :.