Double Chocolate Cookies IIJanuary 29, 2008
Yup, another Double Chocolate Cookies recipe I tried out~ 😀 what to do? people around me loves Chocolate!!! *space out* when my mum sees me pull out the chocolate, she goes “again?” *giggle* somehow, I’m starting to appreciate chocolate =X ❤ Dark chocolate! Geez, I love the more expensive chocolate =/ Time to hit Chocolate buffet at Fullerton? Nah!! After I lose a few pounds… MUHAHAHA! Which I doubt will happen if I continue to bake n eat at this rate >.< *boooooo*
This is from Donna Hay’s mag! (^^,) Simple Essentials: Chocolate *drum rolls* Why am I making these today? *grin* it’s my evil twin’s sister, Suhailah’s B.day tml! =D I remember she enjoys the double chocolate cookies I made previously, since I have this new recipe on hand, I decided to give it a try!Hee~ something for her sweet 18th b.day 🙂 There is this Chinese idiom,
ài wū jí wū
爱 屋 及 乌
1. to love for a person extends even to the crows on its roof
2. love me ,love my dog.
3. love one thing on account of another.
*giggle* yes, I love my twin and everyone around her! =) Definitely love Suhailah too! She is such a nice genuine girl~ Honest, Shy and sweet! Suhailah, I rem. The 1st time I met u, u are frying chicken wings for me! *giggle* Though u are kind of shy, the warm smile u gave was so inviting! More inviting then the chicken wings!! *big smile* I pray you have a good day in school! I heard u have a paper on yr day! T.T u will do well for your paper!i’m sure! 😀 I hope when u received the gifts, you could still make out the secret message on the cookies *cover mouth* in case u cant! here it is… 😛
Happy Sweet Beautiful 18th B.day! Stay Young, Happy and Healthy Girl! ❤
100g unsalted butter
130g brown sugar (reduced to 70g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
120g dark chocolate, melted
280g dark chocolate, chopped (reduced to 150g)
- Preheat oven to 160 Degrees C.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in flour, cocoa, baking soda, and melted chocolate. Till it’s well combined.
- Add the extra chopped chocolate and stir to combine.
- Shape cookies accordingly, I Spoon a tablespoon amount, roll them into balls and flatten.
- Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 min or until slight cracks have formed. Cool on wire racks before storing in air tight containers.
Unlike the previous Double chocolate cookies, this uses only Dark Chocolate! Therefore the taste is richer. Reduced the dark chocolate amount as I find that the stated amt seems too much =X But still I can taste the oozing chocolate in each bite. (^^,) Erm… As i dont fancy stuffs that are too sweet, i’m okie with it, but not really sure if the sweetness level is alright for her. *smack head* should not have reduced the sugar by so much!
– .: Baker Lee :.