Steam Banana CakeMarch 26, 2008
My all time fav. steam cake! ❤ Recently pulled out this old recipe =X “magnet-ed” under the collection of display magnets on the fridge door. Always wanted to make this myself, that’s the main reason y the recipe was on the fridge door. Time flies and it has been there on the fridge door for close to 3 years. >.< This beautiful recipe was generously shared by a friend’s mother… every time she made this, she will always be sharing it with me! it has been a long time, therefore i decided to pull out the recipe and make some for myself! 😛 Handed down traditional recipes are wonderful recipes! *nod* I love the soft fluffiness and simplicity of this cake. + the nice aroma of bananas~ *inhale*
YUM YUM! instead of steaming 1 huge cake, and slicing them up for serving, i steam them in my muffin pan lined with muffins cups. 😀 In 2 days, i made these 4 times! :X they are really easy and great! mummy’s friends love them so much that they requested to pack some home for their family! LOL! I felt good… *float around* though it was not my own recipe, but i was given a really good one! 😛
Ingredients: (6 big muffins)
2 ripe bananas, mashed (200g)
150g Self-raising Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
75g oil (any flavorless oil)
- Sift together self-raising flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs and sugar till ribbon stage.
- Mix in mashed bananas, beat till combine.
- Gently fold in flour mixture and Oil, taking care not to deflate the eggs and sugar mixture.
- Pour Batter into muffin pan, lined with muffin cups.
- Steam over high heat for 15mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
it is sooooooo good! u MUST try it! + it is easy to make 😛 healthier and they store very well. As u can just throw them into the fridge, before consumption, heat them in the steamer for a couple of mins, and u get hot, soft and fluffy cake! 😛
-.: Baker Lee :.