Lemon Cream Cheese CupcakesApril 1, 2008
It was a warm day! was digging in the fridge when i spotted this! Big fat lemon!😛 nice cooling, refreshing lemonade comes to my mind!😛 DING! let’s make something with the rind as well!
This recipe is taken from Betty Saw’s Tempt, Cupcakes to Excite. These cupcakes really excites me!!😀 Don’t be deceive by it’s simple and plain appearance! They are simply DELICIOUS. Really good! sooooooo good! The texture of these cupcakes is so soft and light that u can easily munch a few at one go!
These come along topped with lemon glaze, but it is so good on its own, I refused to make the glaze! =X Trust me! They are just the kind of cupcakes you will proudly give away naked, unfrosted, undecorated, un-everything!😛 just so simply good on it’s own… *blissful*
130g cake flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
130g cream cheese, at room temperature
135g butter, at room temperature (reduced to 100g)
145g castor sugar (reduced to 100g)
1 tsp grated lemon rind (increased to 2 tsp)
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon lemon juice
**my modification in teal
- Preheat oven to 175 Degree C and line muffin pan with paper cups.
- Sift cake flour, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese until light and creamy for 8-10 minutes.
- Add castor sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Finally, fold in sifted flour into mixture.
- Divide batter evenly into paper cups. Bake for 20 – 25mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan. Cool on wire rack.
I love these!! *nod* so does my family!😛 the 1st thing my bro told me when he saw me was “nice!” definitely a keeper!
– .: Baker Lee :.