Vanishing Oatmeal Raisins CookiesApril 30, 2008
Who would have expected such quality cookies from a recipe off a lid? I certainly wouldn’t till I overcome my “fear” and decided to try. 1st saw this at <Blonde Ambition in the Kitchen> pictures of her yummy cookies attracted me, so I bookmark them and had them on my to-do list, since my kitchen is always stocked with quaker oat =X I must say, this is by far the best oatmeal cookies I made *grin* I like my cookies crispy and crunchy instead of soft and chewy. I added a few more baking minutes, and they turn out crispy, light😛 lesson learnt? It is worth to give recipes on the lid a try! The following recipe is from <Quaker’s Oat> … Did these sometime back, with Quality Assurance(QA) procedure outsourced to several QA personnels😛 Reviews was great~ Made them into mini bites size… 1 teaspoon amount, good and cute things comes in small sizes yea?😛 (But sadly, when one overdose on these, small and cute waistline will all be just a dream >.< ) Enjoy!
½ pound/2 sticks/ 226g margarine or butter, softened
1 cup/220g firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup/ 70g granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups/180g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups/ 150g Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup/ 40g raisins
- Preheat Oven to 175 Degrees C.
- In large bowl, beat margarine/Butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time followed by vanilla extract, beat till well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
- Add oats and raisins, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
I reduced the sugar as usual, used around 150g of brown sugar instead of a combination of brown and granulated sugar. Love the cookies! But the next time, I will increase the cinnamon to 2 teaspoon as I would prefer a stronger cinnamon taste.😛
– .: Baker Lee :.