Kimchi Pancake – KimchijeonMay 19, 2008
Buddy Ling is now in Korea! Learning and enjoying Korea! 😀 on an exchange programme organized by the university. (^^,) Since i cant be there to enjoy the goodies she is feasting on, i decided to whip some up myself! *flex* Borrowed a couple of Korean cuisine cookbooks for referencing, and decided to start off with something simple and easy~ 😀
Kimchi is a kind of fermented vegetable condiment, served with every Korean meal. And Kimchi pancake is one of the most popular way to eat kimchi. Both quick and easy to whip up.
100g Korean Kimchi (chopped)
90g Plain Flour
¼ Tsp Sugar
Some Oil for Frying
1 egg (beaten)
2 Medium Size Prawns (cut into small pieces)
Some spring Onions
- Combine flour, water, sugar together, mix till smooth.
- Add Kimchi into the mixture.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan, when oil in moderately hot, add in batter, spread it over the base of the pan to make a thin pancake.
- *optional ingredients* add in the beaten egg, scatter the prawn bits and top off with spring onions. Lightly pressed the ingredients into the batter to “secure” the pancake.
- Cook for 3-5mins over medium heat until the pancake is golden brown underneath and top starts to set.
- Turn the pancake over, cook till it is golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite dips.
❤ pancakes! Espeacially with the <Sesame Paste Dip>! yummmmmmmy~ i sense that i’ll be doing a whole range of korean cooking just like Kevin! *wink* since i good cookbooks to reference from! 😛
– .: Cook Lee :.