Pancake Sandwich – DorayakiMay 27, 2008
Have you ever heard or watch the Japaneses animation, Doraemon? 😛 Dorayaki is a popular sweet for tea time snack, a type of Japanese confection which consists of two small pancake-like patties made sandwiched with sweet red bean paste and it is Doraemon favorite’s food! 😀
Made my very own homemade adzuki(red bean) paste the night before. Love it! nothing beats homemade, as one will be able to control the sugar content to suit personal preference. Since dorayaki are in fact pancakes, i decided to make them for breakfast 😛 Recipe taken from <here>.
Ingredients: (Makes 5 Dorayaki)
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons Sugar
100g Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
80ml Fresh Milk
- Combine eggs, sugar and honey in the bowl.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix them well.
- Gradually add in milk and mix well.
- Leave the batter at room temperature for about 30 minutes before using it.
- Grease a frying pan or a griddle and warm to middle heating range. Slowly pour constant amount of the dough on the griddle to make it in round shape. About 30 mL (2 tbs. = 1 fl. oz.) of the dough may be a pancake with about 9 cm (3 1/2 inches) in diameter.
- When the edge of the pancake becomes dry and rough with bubbles, turn it and cook until the other side browns evenly.
- Sandwich suitable amount of Red bean paste between two pancakes and serve.
I generously stuffed mine with adzuki paste! *cover mouth* I seriously should have made them thicker! 1 tablespoon amount of batter per pancakes, instead of 2 tablespoon, resulted in thin crepes like pancakes! *sigh* i need to make these again!!