Chocolate Swirl CheesecakeJune 1, 2008
One of the recipes i bookmarked sometime back, shared by Happy Home Baker. :) Chocolate and cheese! the thought of it makes me drool! *wipe of saliva* Made these into muffin size, so that i can easily share them (^.^v) One of the easiest cheesecake recipes i tried so far, other than those non-bake cheesecakes.
Love the fact that each of these are unique, it is rather impossible to have exactly 2 with the same swirl style :P which makes these pretty exciting and enjoyable to look at. The urge to slice them just to check out the swirls inside is sooooooooo strong! *smack forehead*
Cream Cheese Mixture
250g cream cheese (soften at room temperature)
60g castor sugar
150g caster sugar
3 tablespoon cocoa powder
120g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven at 150°C.
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake pan.
- Cream Cheese Mixture – beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg gradually and beat until well incorporated. Set mixture aside.
- Chocolate Mixture – Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until well incorporated into mixture. Sieve all the dried ingredients together. Fold into the egg mixture.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the cake pan.
- Pour all the cream cheese mixture and then the remaining chocolate mixture. Gently spread the chocolate mixture to cover all the cream cheese mixture. Using a skewer or toothpick, make a few swirls.
- Bake for 45-50 min or until skewer comes out clean. Cool completely and chill in the fridge before serving.
I personally felt that these are pretty easy to whip up! and the swirls are fun to make~ *wink* Worth to make again! With the chocolate batter, the taste of the cheese ain’t that overpowering. Mum who doesn’t really cheesecake, help herself to 2 of these! :P Thanks Happy Home Baker for sharing this recipe! *curtsy*
– .: Baker Lee :.