Sweet and Salty Peanut BiscuitsJune 7, 2008
Decided to spend my Saturday at home, as it has been a week since i last spend time in the kitchen! *sigh* GOSH! i’m desperate to hang out in the kitchen! Draw out Nigella Lawson’s How to be a domestic goddess, flipped and landed on this recipe. O.O sweet and salty…. erm…. i seriously wonder how it tasted like! Best of all, i do have a packet of salted peanuts to play with *wink* so here it is! the 1st recipe of the week! 😀
Ingredients: (Makes about 30)
75g Light Muscovado Sugar, plus more for dipping
100g Unsalted Butter
50g Vegetable Shortening
1 Large Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
175g Self-Raising Flour
125g Salted Peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree C.
- Mix together sugar, butter, shortening, egg and vanilla. Just beat it together, to combine.
- Stir in Flour and then the peanuts.
- Drop the dough in rounded teaspoons on baking sheets.
- Oil the bottom of a glass , dip it on some light muscovado sugar and press gently on the biscuits to flatten them.
- Bake for 8-10mins, Remove from oven and cool on wire rack before storing in air tight container.
Well, i was pretty much greedy! =X instead of teaspoon amount of the dough, i dropped tablespoon amount, resulting in huge cookies! *cover mouth* Taste wise, they tasted pretty much salty than sweet and salty. i personally felt was that these didn’t really work for me. =/
– .: Baker Lee :.