Cranberry CupcakesJune 14, 2008
This recipe was kindly shared by Gina of Kitchen Capers. Lovely recipe! simple and delicious! 😀 it is kind of a cross between butter cake and sponge cake, soft and moist. The yogurt really enhances and brings out the flavor of the cranberries. Flavorful even with 1 main component! i’m surprised by how good these are!
When i removed these from the oven, i was initially worried that these might be dry, dense and too firmly packed judging from their outer appearance! But surprisingly, they are not! Check out the texture of these babies! it is really soft and moist!
Ingredients: (12 cupcakes)
200g castor sugar
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g dried cranberries
200ml plain white yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp melted margarine(for brushing on cupcake tray)
- Preheat Oven to 175 Degree C. Brush muffin tray with melted margarine or line with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, Mix together yogurt and cranberries. Allow it to rest for 30mins at room temperature.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and pale in color.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add in Vanilla Essence
- Stir in yogurt and cranberries mixture.
- Fold in sifted flour/baking powder till well combined.
- Divide batter evenly into paper cups. Bake for 20 – 25mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
KEEPER!! love it! am so gonna make it again and again with other dried fruits. 😛 I reduced the sugar amount called for to 120g, and it tasted just right for me. It is a personal preference, depending on your “tolerance level” for sweet stuffs 😛 the only yogurt i had in my fridge at that moment was aloe vera yogurt! but it still turns out wonderful! Instead of plain white yogurt i am sure other fruit based yogurt will work well too, but however, u will most probably get a mixture of flavors.
– .: Baker Lee :.