Orange Chiffon CakeJuly 5, 2008
Time flies indeed… so quickly… that it seems impossible… okie~ This is my 100th post! and yes, i have not been posting… cant seem to find enough time for myself, let alone bake or cook! =/ somehow i’m enjoying this buzzing around and unknowingly…. it has been 5 weeks since i started work! 😛 yea… no longer the University Undergrad with the privilege to skip or be late for lectures *cover mouth* But a responsible young working adult, that reports to work On time (i try to!) and leave NOT on time. >.<
Decided on making a chiffon cake for my 100th post, they might seem plain and simple…. and may seem boring and standard, but inside, it can be flavorful. To make a successful chiffon cake it is not that easy as well! This orange chiffon cake is a recipe shared by Florence of <Do What I Like> and Florence claims that this recipe tasted better than the ones Bengawan Solo sells! 😛
(21cm Tube pan)
115g Cake Flour
3/4 tsp Baking powder
85ml Warm orange juice
Finely grated zest of 1.5 large orange
5 egg yolks + 30g castor sugar + Salt 1/4 tsp
5 egg whites + 50g castor sugar + 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
60ml Corn oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence or 2 tsp Rum
- Sieve flour and baking powder.
- Whisk egg yolk, sugar and salt until creamy and light in colour.
- Add in corn oil, warm orange juice and rum. Mixed well.
- Fold in Flour mixture, followed by Orange zest.
- In another mixing bowl, Beat egg white with electric beater until big bubbles formed.
- Add in Sugar gradually and beat till soft peak.
- Add in cream of tartar and beat till stiff peak.
- Fold 1/2 of the egg white mixture into egg yolk and flour mixture. Gently fold till combined.
- Fold in the remaining egg white mixture and gently combine.
- Bake at 175C for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Invert the cooked cake during cooling process.
Never tasted Bengawan Solo Orange chiffon cake, therefore i’m in no position to judge! but… it is indeed soft, fluffy and delicious! 😀 My mum loves it! I personally felt that is something healthier compared to pandan chiffon cake :p and yes… the whole cake was consumed in 3hrs! =X
– .: Baker Lee :.