Steamed Glutinous RiceAugust 9, 2008
1 tbsp chopped garlic
3-4 small shallots (sliced)
50g dried shrimps (washed)
250g Glutinous Rice (soaked overnight)
5 pcs preserved Chinese mushrooms (washed and soak overnight to soften, discard stems and sliced)
1 chinese/taiwan sausage (sliced)
50g meat of your choice (i used cubed pork belly)
1/2 cup water (i used the water which i soaked the mushrooms with)
1 tbsp Dark Soya sauce
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1/2 tbsp Dark Sweet Sauce
1 tbsp Sesame oil 1/2 tbsp Chinese Rice Wine
1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
Toasted peanuts, spring onions (chopped), red chili (sliced)
- Wash and drained the soaked glutinous rice.
- Heat up a wok, add in oil, followed by garlic and shallots. Fry for about 2minutes till fragrant.
- Add in dried shrimps, fry for another 3minutes till nicely golden brown.
- Add in th meat, sausage and mushroom.
- Add in Seasoning, followed by rice. Mix.
- lastly, add in water, Mix and remove wok from the flame.
- Scoop rice mix into a dish for steaming.
- Steam over high heat for 20-30 mins, depending on how u prefer your rice, (soft or chewy)
- Garnish and serve.
I always believe when it comes to cooking, it is more of a personal preference. one may prefer to have more or less of a certain ingredient in a particular dish, one may opt to be more creative by introducing additional ingredients. =X and it is even more true when it comes to seasoning, there is no definite “perfect” seasoning as it is all up to your taste buds and preferences, more salt? less salt?
This recipe, is whipped up all according to how i prefer my steamed glutinous rice to taste like. So feel free to play around and whipped up your own version of steamed rice *wink* that’s the fun of cooking!
This should serve 4-6 *laugh* but it all depends on the portion size and the crowd u are serving to, (adults, children, big eater, small eater) 😛 In my place, it serves 3, Dad helped himself to 3 serving, mum 2 and me with 1. How does it tasted like? well… My family loved it! We munched up everything *gasp*
– .: Amanda :.