Banana craze? O.o it seems like everyone is either baking banana cakes/loafs or in the massive bread baking mood. *ponder* by coincidence I have 2 huge bunch of bananas sitting in the fruit basket and our dear always happy- nonsensical-crappy-friendly-yet we love classmate, Zheyan, will be celebrating the day he aged tml(10th April) GOSH!! God thanks for this crappy chap in my life! 😛
Always-nice-and-kind Amanda, plans to make him something… and being aware that he fancy bananas(maybe that’s the reason why he is at times nonsensical like a monkey?), I decided to make him banana cupcakes! no frosting and fancy deco, as we have class till 10pm today! *sulk* i wouldnt want him to bring home melted and messy looking cupcakes! So here’s my undecorated, simple, light soft, banana cupcake! take a look~
well, it’s actually a banana cake recipe! =X As I’m currently in the use-the-muffin-tray-for-everything mood, i made them into cupcakes! LOL, been making full use of the muffin tray! it’s easy work! easy clean up, shorter baking/steaming time, easy to consume, grab and go! 😛 In fact, I made <this> and <also this> recently again! As they are soooooo much loved by my family and friends. *wink*
This is shared kindly by aunt, yields light, soft banana cake. 🙂 Checkout the texture! *drool* i love soft and fluffy cakes! erm… cupcakes! (^.^ V) keeping this recipe!
225g Cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
150g castor sugar
2 eggs, large
3 large bananas (mashed)
½ tsp banana essence (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 Degree C and line muffin pan with paper cups.
- Sift cake flour, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and creamy for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in banana essence if you are using.
- Beat in mashed bananas and milk.
- Finally, fold in sifted flour into mixture.
- Divide batter evenly into paper cups. Bake for 20 – 25mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan. Cool on wire rack.
**NOTE** if baking in loaf, increase baking time to 50-60mins.
Yum Yum! Amanda feels that they are delicious! 😛 light and soft indeed! but however, <steam banana cake> still wins hands down among all banana cakes! 😛 If you have a sweet tooth, do increase the sugar content. For me, this amount is sweet enough though. 😛 Btw, i did some “limited edition” version and Dorie’s Chocolate chip cookies <once> <again>. :X ohh side-track before i forget!
Happy B.day ZY!! May u be Blessed with everything and anything! *wink*
Back to the “limited edition”, it is centered with chocolate chips. The following image, may be disturbing! i apologize~ >.< it looks messy with the chocolate all over… =X but one can never go wrong with chocolate yea? 😛
– .: Baker Lee :.